Monday, January 13, 2014

Bone Broth Detox Day 1 and 2

I started this detox yesterday, and it wasn't as bad as I expected, I thought a few times that I would cave.  I did great!  

Lot's of chicken broth, a little chicken, one organic grapefruit, and as much water as I could want.  I did have cravings twice, and pushed past them.  It helped to eat a little chicken, and drink a cup of broth.  That took the hunger pangs away.  

It didn't help that my husband brought in 2 frozen pizzas from the outside freezer. I LOVE those little Totino's pizzas.  I could eat a whole one to myself easily.  SO, I told the family I was going to disappear while they cooked and ate the pizza.  I filled up my cup of broth, and went to take a nice hot bath.  In the bath I did some EFT tapping.  I told myself, "I don't need food, I am getting all the nutrients  I need in this broth.  I don't need food.  This broth is all I need.  Even though I love pizza, I don't need pizza or anything else....".  I think it helped.  

To hide the pizza aroma, I put a few drops of essential oils in my bath.  I used a drop of peppermint, and a couple drops of valor.  I never smelt the pizza, and the family had it gone and cleaned up before I got out of the bath.  

I went to bed at 9:00 and had no problems.

I woke up this morning feeling great.  My foot pain (plantar Fasciitis) was exactly as it has been for the past 5 plus months.  I had hopped that I could at least walk without a limp.  No luck, my foot hurt all day at work, and still hurts when I stand.  I am guessing that my foot pain is not caused by a leaky gut.  

Even if my foot pain does not change, I will still do this detox.  I take Enbrel shots monthly for RA, and I know arthritis is caused by a leaky gut.  Certain foods I eat when my shot wears off, make a huge difference in my pain.  I am doing this detox to re-set my metabolism, and fix my leaky gut.  I want to be healthier.  

Today was so much easier than yesterday.  I cooked my kids eggs, and cleaned the kitchen.  No cravings at all!  I made tacos for the family tonight, and no problem.  I do love tacos though, so every time I thought about the smell and flavor, I would tell myself, "I don't crave food, I am getting all the nutrients by body needs in the broth.  I don't need food.  I don't crave or need any food."  I also put some lavender essential oil under my nose to help mask the smell.  

One point of advise, put your broth in a coffee thermos that will keep it hot or warm for hours.  Cold broth does not taste good at all.  My broth was warm all day at work in my thermos.  I was never grossed out.  I will drink from that from now on.  





No comments:

Post a Comment