Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Post Bone Broth Detox, and Inflammation of my Eye

Well, my detox went great.  I did the bone broth for 3 days, and then added in sauerkraut for 2 days.  I was doing good.  My cravings were gone, no hunger pangs, and I had plenty of energy.  On my 5th day I had plans to go to Las Vegas to visit my sister, and there went my detox.  I didn't even plan to eat healthy.  I had a few drinks, ate at the buffet, and went to bed.

It has been 4 days since Vegas, and I have had a lot going on with my health.  I should have followed the detox directions better.

Since I am already dealing with an auto immune disease, this was very bad for me.  Reiter's Syndrome is basically my body attacking my connective tissue.  For the last year, it has attacked my hip.  My husband gives me an Enbrel shot every month when the pain starts coming back.  Well, not only did it attack my hip this time, but my eye too.

After the first night in Vegas, I woke up with one painful eye that was all red.  Just moving my eye in the darkness would hurt.  On Monday, all light hurt my eye.  It was as if I had a major hangover, and then looked at the sun.  I tried covering my eye that hurt, but when my other eye would see light, I felt the pain in my red eye.  I went to my eye doctor.   He prescribed me steroid drops with an antibiotic, and had me come back in 3 days to see how it was going.  After taking the drops for a couple days the pain was mostly gone, but when he checked it was still very much inflamed, and he said I had already lost a lot of pigment.  I guess some of the color in my eye is not stuck to the lens.




Now he is worried that my pupil will stick to the lens of my eye, which he said could cause me to loose my eye.  YIKES!  He prescribed me some drops to dilate my eye for a whole week, and then I will go in again on Monday for another follow up.

I asked him what would have caused this, he said it was just common with auto immune disorders.  I think the fact that I killed all the good and bad in my body, and did not feed it good food long enough before eating sugar and grains, is why my  body started attacking itself even worse.

Monday after my appointment, I had my husband give me another Enbrel shot.  So here I sit, with only one eye that can focus to read and see any detail.  My dilated eye is pretty worthless right now.  All pain in my eye is gone, but I can't see.  I am still taking the steroid drops, and hope by Monday the inflammation will be gone.

Auto immune diseases suck butt!  I still have my foot pain from Plantar Fasciitis, and I take ibuprofen daily to take the edge off, but I still limp most of the time.

How pathetic, one gimp foot, and one worthless eye.  I am debating doing the detox again, but haven't convinced myself yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment