Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bone Broth Detox Day 3 and 4

Yesterday was my third day.  At the end of the day I was ready to start adding in sauerkraut.  I ate about 1/2 cup.  It was a bit refreshing to have something to crunch on.  I continued to drink my broth at night, and ate a little chicken.  I was not hungry at all.  I also started a vitamin C flush.  I got home from work, and when I realized I was supposed to start this, I did right away.  I took a heaping teaspoon of vitamin C powder at 7, and another at 7:30, 8:00, and 8:30.  I gave up and decided to not finish it and start over tomorrow.

WELL, around 10:30 at night when I was lying in bed, I felt the first sensation. These "flushes" as I will call them came every 15 minutes for the first 4 of them, then a few times later after I was fast asleep.  I am sure glad it would wake me up, because when it's ready to come out, there is no waiting!  Make sure you have a least 5 or six hours to do this flush.  Stay close to a toilet, no playing in the yard or going for a walk.  When it's time, it's time!  My last flush was around 2:30 in the morning.  Good thing I fall asleep easily.

Today is my fourth day drinking 2-3 cups of marrow like before.  I ate about a 3/4 cup of sauerkraut, and some chicken.  I feel great.

This morning when I was getting dressed, I noticed my pudgy belly was a lot smaller.  Obviously, I haven't eaten sugar or carbs for 3 days.  I am sure that helps.  I weighed myself and have lost 4 pounds.  I was able to wear a simi form fitting shirt today.  I felt good not having a big bulge sticking out of the top of my pants.

On day 5 the plan says that I can add in more foods.  I just haven't yet.  I bought some frozen berries, unsweetened almond milk, and organic vegetables.  I can make shakes!  I can add whey protein too.  I might make myself a berry shake for breakfast tomorrow.  I sure hope it doesn't make me crave sugar.  I am liking not being hungry or having the munchies.

The plan says I can add berries, hemp, chia seeds, avocados, steamed vegetables, squash, zucchini, and blended vegetables, whey protein, and Amasai shakes.  Amasai is a fermented dairy beverage, I google it.   I can even have coffee now!  Since I love creamer in my coffee, I am going to make coffee, and cool in fridge to make a coffee smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment