Sunday, January 12, 2014

Broth Detox

I started my detox today.  It's four in the afternoon, and I have some munchies. I have been thinking about food often, because I tend to snack a lot.

I went on a short hike this morning to avoid the good smells of food in my house. I figured if I wasn't here to see or smell it, then it would be easier.

So far I have drank about 2 quarts of broth, about 20 oz of water, a few pieces of the chicken, and ate one organic grapefruit.  I ate my grapefruit super slow, to make it last.  Savor the good tastes.

I do have a minor headache though.  I am not sure if I am detoxing too fast, or if my body just misses food.  If it gets worse I will take something, but right now I'm hanging in there.   A couple times today I have had the thought that I might not last this cleanse.  I've never done a cleanse, or detox that was so restrictive.

I can do this! I can, I can, I can..

Here are some symptoms I am hoping to get rid of;
Right foot pain, hard to walk (Plantar Fasciitis), and on my left side of my back hurts when I lie down.  I can only sleep on my right side, or I have the pain.  I don't know what that pain is, but I know it keeps me from sleeping as comfortably as I used to.

I would also love to reset my hormones.  I have gained 26 pounds in the last year, and I'm blaming it on turning forty.  As soon as I got close to my birthday last year, I started gaining weight.  I don't think I have changed any eating habits to cause this.  It is very frustrating to not fit into your clothes, and everything is uncomfortable.


No comments:

Post a Comment