Sunday, June 16, 2013

My Miracle Drug

My doctor gave me two options for drugs, one being Enbrel, and the other being Humira.  He said they were just different brands, but worked the same and cost the same.  I chose Enbrel, and looked forward to getting my prescription filled so I could be pain free again.

Doctor Gremillion said Enbrel is a shot that should do myself and weekly, then after a few months when I felt like it to stop taking it until the pain came back.  He said this way I could see how long a shot would last me.

Hearing this was a shot mortified me.  I hate shots, and have a very low tolerance to pain.  I almost would rather be in pain than to have a shot.  I sucked it up and decided all the pain being gone would be worth a 30 second shot.  Once I was home I tried to give it to myself and couldn't do it.  My sister in-law, bless her soul, would come over and give me the shot in my arm every week.  Finally after my husband watched her give me a shot, I was comfortable with him doing it for me.

The pain was gone the next day!  It was truly a miracle drug for me.  I slept great, and walked as if there was never any pain to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment